Katia Mokeyeva Workshops
Yekaterina (Katia) Mokeyeva
List of supplies and materials for a 4-day class Yekaterina Mokeyeva
· Plastic bubble wrap, enough to cover 6' table; plus an extra piece about 1m X 1m size;
· Clear thin plastic (2 mil painters drop), enough to cover 6' table;
· Watering device, a ball brouse , or a squirt bottle of a choice;
· Container for water/soap solution (small bucket);
· Natural liquid soap (biodegradable dish soap is the best); you can bring your favorite olive soap bar as well, but we will mostly use water/soap solution;
· Pool noodle, about 2' long;
· Elastic ties for rolling (stockings or pantyhose);
· Pen and notebook;
· SharpiePro marker;
https://www.amazon.com/Sharpie-King-Size-Permanent- Marker/dp/B00D633SV6/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=sharpie+pro&qid=1553691032&s=gateway&sr= 8-5
· Three-four old bath towels;
· Any favorite felting tools, like ceramic felting stone, palm washboard, pantry jar lid with a ribbed surface, small roller-massager, etc.
· Good sharp scissors;
· Small hand mini-carder or metallic dog/cat brush
· Cheap grocery plastic bag;
· Masking tape (about 1'' wide).
· If you are making a garment, please bring paper to transfer the pattern;
A piece of soft fiberglass mosquito screen material, one – two yards is enough;
A small (no more than 15’’ X 15’’) piece of flexible bumpy plastic shelf liner material; available on Amazon (Ikea brand), and in many common stores, like Dollar Ge
Makita finishing sander, extention cord, optional, but can be very helpful. https://www.zoro.com/makita-sheet-finishing-sander-13-in-17-a- bo3710/i/G4920465/feature- product?gclid=CjwKCAjwvuzkBRAhEiwA9E3FUlYQePpd7r6E_ALOIDtuFjWPIjr_JpC2nZRRx mtKa1HW4Ml1VgroYxoCaKIQAvD_BwE
· 250g - 300g 18 - 19 mic merino wool tops (few of your favorite colors); include a little bit of black wool, and some light shades;
Dyed plant fibers: ramie, bamboo, viscose, or Tencel; (your favorite colors, 2 yards of sleever), will be available for sale from the instructor, $5 per yard); Plus, one yard of WHITE plant fiber sliver (any of the above).
· Three (six minimum if you are making a garment) yards of Margilan silk gauze fabric (authentic, organic, hand woven, hand dyed; will be available for sale from the instructor, $10 per yard). The gorgeous fabric is perfect for the innovative techniques of this class and allows to create complex surfaces in a limited workshop time. It's not the same with chiffon silk or other silk fabric.