Feb 16, 2019
Making a fabric sculpture allows complete freedom of expression in creating wonderful figurines that have their own
individuality and presence. Cheryl will show you how to construct a wire armature that is ‘mummified’ and then
‘dressed’ and draped with fabric dipped into a fabric hardener. Cheryl will guide you step by step to transform your
armature into a unique sculpture (a lady, a golfer, an Angel….)
Whether you are a beginner or advanced artist, you’ll love this Workshop!
• Scissors to cut fabric
• Some plastic and/or box to transport your piece home
• Cotton t-shirt (men’s L or XL) or 1/2 yard cotton fabric ie muslin, cotton
• 3/4 “ tan Masking tape
• 1/2” paintbrush
• Roll of Aluminum foil – *DO NOT USE HEAVY DUTY
• Small box of disposable gloves. You will go through a few.
• Students can also bring embellishments such as lace, doilies, etc to dress figurine.
When a student decide to make a ‘standing’ figure a fee of $10 will be charged for the base (to pay at time of the workshop)