AYA FIBER DYEHOUSE WORKSHOP TERMS & CONDITIONS
Fiber Workshops require a great deal of planning!
Instructors are typically traveling from out of town, travel arrangements must be secured and supplies need to be ordered in advance. Registrations require a huge amount of administrative time. Class sizes are typically limited so that each student has adequate space to work in. Once all spaces have been filled, the space is taken off the market and students are put on a wait list. For these reasons we have a pretty strict cancellation policy:
PLEASE READ THIS PAGE IN FULL BEFORE REGISTERING FOR A WORKSHOP!
(If you register for a class you have clicked accept to this policy!)
1. ALL REGISTRATIONS WILL BE MADE ONLINE VIA WEBSITE
2. All classes are 9:00 am- 4:00 pm unless otherwise specified
- UPON PURCHASING A PLACE IN ANY OF OUR CLASSES YOU AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY THEFT OR INJURY THAT COULD OCCUR IN OUR PREMISES OR IN OUR WORKSHOPS.
- The Aya Fiber Studio requires a deposit of typically 25% of the class fee due at the time of registration.This 25% includes a non-refundable registration fee. The remaining balance is due 45 days prior to the first day the class begins. If the balance is not received by that date, the reservation will be canceled and the down payment forfeited. All cancellations prior to the 45 day deadline are subject to a $75 cancellation fee. Cancellation by the student after the 45 day deadline will result in forfeiture of all payments made. Payments may be transferred to another class at the discretion of the Aya Fiber Studio. If a class is cancelled by the Studio due to insufficient enrollment, incapacitation of the instructor or impairment of Aya fiber Studio, tuition will be refunded in full.
- All information provided to the Aya Fiber Studio is kept confidential and is NOT shared, sold, or otherwise used by any entity
- We do not keep credit card information on file for the purpose of charging balances. Please contact us or use the web site to pay the balance.
- Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Workshop enrollment is limited. We try to limit classes to less than 12 students. All classes will have a minimum enrollment for the class to be held. this enrollment is different for every class, but usually at the break even point to cover Instructors fee and expenses. We will typically wait until 30 days before a class to call due to low enrollment. Early registration is encouraged, as many workshops fill quickly (especially during Florida “high-season). Typically, you can reserve your space in a workshop with a deposit and the balance due 45 days before class.
$50 Registration fee: A $50 processing fee is charged when you register. This fee is non-refundable
- Participant cancellations must be made in writing by mail, or email (firstname.lastname@example.org.) No phone calls, please. Because of registration costs, facilitator contracts, material acquisitions, and housing/studio arrangements, The Aya Fiber Studio is required to charge cancellation fees to participants who change their plans.
- All cancellations prior to the 45 day deadline are subject to a $75 cancellation fee. Cancellation by the student after the 45 day deadline will result in forfeiture of all payments made. Payments may be transferred to another class at the discretion of the Aya Fiber Studio. – The transfer must be made to another workshop within a 6 mo period.
- If the withdrawal request is received less than forty-five (45) days prior to the start of the workshop, full deposit is retained.
- For withdrawals after a workshop has begun or “no-shows,” full tuition/ materials is forfeited.
- Special Order materials for classes are not refundable- Ocassionally an Instructor will require Fabrics to be special ordered for a class. Once purchased, these fabrics are yours and the studio will forward to you with the costs of shipping.
However, the organizers cannot be responsible for non-refundable travel or accommodation costs.
If a class is cancelled by the Studio due to insufficient enrollment, incapacitation of the instructor or impairment of Aya Fiber Studio, tuition will be refunded in full or you can choose a credit for an alternative class on our schedule to be taken within a 1-year TIME-FRAME.
- The Aya Fiber Studio is not responsible for providing make-up classes or issuing refunds, credits, or transfers for sessions missed because of illness, emergencies, or other events beyond our control.
- The Studio recommends purchasing travel insurance if you are purchasing flights early, this is helpful in the event that a class is cancelled due to low enrollment or other emergencies beyond our control. We recommend calling to check enrollment before purchasing flights, we will typically wait until 30 days before class start date to call a class. Our "preferred" hotel will typically refund room cancellations without penalty.
THE INSTRUCTOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REMOVE DISRUPTIVE STUDENTS FROM THE CLASS IF THEY PRESENT A THREAT TO THE EXPERIENCE OF OTHER STUDENTS.
There will be no refunds for students who are dismissed for cause, including no refunds for tuition for missed classes, unused lodging or meals or lab and material fees
When registering for a class, you give The Aya Fiber Studio the right to use images of you, or your work, purely for publicity, promotional and marketing materials relating to Studio programming. Your name will never be used, unless we specifically ask for your permission.
If, for any reason, you feel very strongly against having any images used, please contact us in writing or via email (email@example.com) following your registration, so that we may keep it on file.
If you have any questions about any workshop please do contact me via email firstname.lastname@example.org before registering so we can ensure, as best as possible, that you are registering for a class that you will enjoy. After registering, the organizers accept no liability in assuring that the class meets your expectations.
The Aya fiber Studio reserves the right to refuse service, to charge student for damaged studio property, and is not responsible for students' lost or damaged property